The Terasic DE0-Nano-SoC is a low-cost development kit featuring Altera Cyclone V chip with 40 000 logical elements and an integrated 925MHz Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 Processor. Altera Cyclone V SoC FPGA combines the design flexibility of programmable logic with the low power consumption and high performance of ARM-based hard processor system (HPS).
The Terasic DE0-Nano-SoC comes with USB-Blaster II onboard for programming as well as Arduino Uno R3 compatible expansion header making it easy to interface with Arduino shields.
The picture below shows the block diagram of the Terasic DE0-Nano-SoC.
The main features of the DE0-Nano-SoC are:
- Altera Cyclone® V SE 5CSEMA4U23C6N device
- 2 push-buttons
- 4 slide switches
- 8 green user LEDs
- Three 50MHz clock sources from the clock generator
- Two 40-pin expansion header
- One Arduino expansion header (Uno R3 compatibility)
- A/D converter, 4-pin SPI interface with FPGA
- 925MHz Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet PHY
- USB OTG
- Micro SD card socket
- Accelerometer (I2C interface + interrupt)
- vCOM UART<->USB