The Odroid Single Board Computers have been available in our store for quite a while. The most notable of them is the Odroid-C2, which is one of the most cost-effective 64-bit ARM development boards available. With a high performance quad-core CPU it is an alternative to Raspberry Pi 3 model B. It has a faster CPU, twice as much RAM and faster Ethernet than the Pi 3. Compared to the Pi 3, it also offers eMMC slot and 4k video support. The board layout of the Odroid-C2 is very similar to that of the Raspberry Pi. All main connectors as well as the mounting holes are located at the same places making swapping the two board easier.
The Odroid-C2 has a nice looking black PCB as well as a sizable black heat sink, which helps to keep the processor cool at 2Ghz clock speed. Some of the modern operating systems that run on the Odroid-C2 are Ubuntu, Android, ARCHLinux and Debian, with thousands of free open-source software packages available.
The Odroid-C2 main feateres are:
- Amlogic S905 (ARM® Cortex®-A53(ARMv8) 1.5Ghz quad core CPU)
- 2Gbyte DDR3 SDRAM
- ARM Mali™-450 MP3 GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1 for Linux and Android)
- HDMI 2.0 4K/60Hz display
- H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 40+7pin GPIO port
- eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage slot / UHS-1 SDR50 MicroSD slot
- USB 2.0 Host x 4, USB 2.0 OTG x 1 (power + data capable)
- Infrared(IR) Receiver
- Ubuntu 16.04 and Android 5.1 Lollipop based on Kernel 3.14 LTS